Making your home a haven of peace is what each of us wants and this naturally involves to eradicate all that is harmful. Have you ever opened your closet and found holes in your favorite sweaters, shirts or dresses? This is an indicator that you are now facing a moth infestation. Therefore, a disinsectisation is necessary, the objective being here to present you effective and safe solutions.
The first steps to follow to counter the moth infestation
Start by emptying your closets before vacuuming them. Then try to clean them thoroughly with water and vinegar. Don’t hesitate to air them well from time to time to avoid any reappearance of these small insects.
As for the clothes, they should be sorted so that you keep those that are still in good condition and get rid of those that show signs of moths. Wash the remaining clothes and store them in a dry place, away from any humidity. You can use special moisture-proof bags for this purpose. But if you want to put all the chances on your side, there is another way to sanitize 100% your dressing roomwhile perfuming and protecting it against any possible invasion of moths.
The mountain pine is your best ally in your fight against moths
The alpine pine, also known as “cembro pine” or “arolle” is a plant that generally grows in mountainous regions and has antibacterial, antiseptic and antifungal properties making it very effective when it comes to purifying a closed room or refreshing it. This plant acts as natural repellent against moths. For this reason, it is highly recommended to leave a small bag containing a cotton ball soaked in essential oil of stone pine in a corner of your closet, to protect yourself against the infestation of these pests.
You can buy it in organic stores or in specialized online stores offering essential oils or other natural products.
There are also other uses for this essential oil that will allow you to maximize the benefit you could get from it :
- Scent your home: Put 5 to 10 drops in a small bowl of water on the radiator. You can also pour some into your aroma diffusers.
- Perfume curtains and carpets: Simply spray a preparation based on water and a few drops of essential oil of cembro pine on curtains and carpets.
- To perfume the linen: Add also freshness to your laundry: pour 10 drops of essential oil of pine cembro in the detergent compartment of your washing machine to give a delicate scent to the laundry, moreover its scent will keep moths away.
- For your bath: add a mixture of bicarbonate of soda and alpine pine oil to the water of your bath. You will feel more relaxed and unwound.
- Cembro pine essential oil is not recommended for children under 6 years of age and for people suffering from renal insufficiency.
- Pregnant women should avoid it during the first 3 months of pregnancy.
- Before use, this oil should be diluted as previously stated.